Re: Win2000 , Debian Dual Boot

Seth Delackner wrote:

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 11:33:32PM -0500, Akintayo Holder wrote:

Try GRUB.

[snip]

map (hd0) (hd1) [Windows thinks it is on the first disk]
map (hd1) (hd0)
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1
boot

I am running potato and when I run grub, the "map" command is not
recognized.  My menu.lst has something very like the above entry
for windows, but even at the commandline:
grub> map (hd0) (hd1)

Fails with "unrecognized command".  The potato version of Grub is
.93.  The manual pages on the gnu website are for .90, older still,
and they definitely show the "map" command.  So what's going on?
In the mean time I dumped grub for lilo.  mapping works just fine there...

0.93 ? That's strange I am using 0.90-18 and i have unstable installed. I guess I still have the version progeny installed ... maybe there is something wrong with the debian version.

when i added the item to my menu, i created a boot disk and and tried it there first, and on the grub command line. Of course this shouldn't make a difference

--
Eagles may soar, free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.