Re: telnet unable to connect

* Paul Scott (waterhorse@ultrasw.com) [Dec 16. 2001 01:54]:

> My two computers with fixed IP's can ping each other but telnet says
> "unable to connect to remote host"  I would guess it might have to do
> with file permissions.  I just need this because of the X lockups I get
> often enough to be a problem.

> TIA for hints as to where to look or what I should be reading.

Do you have a telnet daemon running on the remote host? If so, check the
remote hosts' /etc/hosts.deny and hosts.allow. man 5 hosts_access

You should really be using ssh. Any reason why you're stuck on telnet?

--
Brian Clark | Debian GNU/Linux: 3950 packages to keep you busy.
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8