Re: telnet unable to connect

Brian Clark wrote:

* Paul Scott (waterhorse@ultrasw.com) [Dec 16. 2001 01:54]:

My two computers with fixed IP's can ping each other but telnet says "unable to connect to remote host" I would guess it might have to do with file permissions. I just need this because of the X lockups I get often enough to be a problem.

TIA for hints as to where to look or what I should be reading.

Do you have a telnet daemon running on the remote host? If so, check the
remote hosts' /etc/hosts.deny and hosts.allow. man 5 hosts_access

Thanks.  I got it a little farther and I know what to reread now.

You should really be using ssh. Any reason why you're stuck on telnet?

I went ahead and switched to setting up ssh.

Thanks, Brian and Karsten.

Paul