Re: Linux 2.4.14 and Integrated IPtables?

<quote who="Bender, Jeff">

> I just recently upgraded my kernel to Linux 2.4.14 with the
> IPTables compilied into the kernel.  Supposedly it comes integrated
> into the kernel. I looked everywhere for the iptables binary and
> couldn't find it.  I did a 'find / -name iptables' and even an
> 'updatedb' then 'locate iptables'.  No binary found.  I resorted to
> downloading the source code and  make it on my system.
>
> Am I missing something or did they forget to add the binary?

you may have iptables in the kernel, that doesn't mean
the kernel includes the userlevel tools needed to
interface with it .......

if your running potato chances are there is no iptables
available for it officially. if your running woody or
sid there is probably a package to install ..

nate
(still running 2.2 everywhere..)