Re: Limiting admin privileges

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 09:05:01AM -0700, Robert Kerr wrote:
> Hi all,
> My group is looking into providing Linux workstations to the engineers,
> but we're worried about future problems regarding admin privileges.  We
> would like to give our engineers root on their boxes so they can set them
> up and provide patches and such.  But, su-ing to root will also allow them
> to access any other users' files (since we have an automount NFS daemon
> which will mount the other users' home directories when accessed).  What
> kind of utilities are available that would allow the users admin-type
> privileges, but disallow their munging others' files?
hm complex task. Try out sudo and look if you configure it to match your
enviroment.
Maybe a special patched Linux Kernel with LIDS or other secure enhancements is
able to do this for you.

Sven

--
>Lamer! :)\n Lokaler Admin mit enormen Rechten[tm]
[Christian Schneider und Jens Himmelrath in alt.hacker.org-gcf]
http://www.linux-secure.de http://www.linuxboard.de
http://www.bluephod.net http://www.disconow.de