Re: Fwd: Gnome panel fonts replaced by rectangles.

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 01:26, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> Adam,
>
> 	your solution (link below) states ...
>
> "Greg reports his problems were fixed by adding
> "/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts" to the "@default_paths" of
> "/usr/share/doc/libgnomeprint-data/run-gnome-font-install"
> and then running
> "sh /var/lib/dpkg/info/libgnomeprint-data.postinst configure" "
>
> I tried to follow this solution as not only have all my gnome fonts been
> changed to rectangles but attempts to print have resulted in alternating
> black and blank bands. 'libgnomeprint' seems to be the culprit.
>
> Unfortunately, attempts to enter the
> "/usr/share/doc/libgnomeprint-data/run-gnome-font-install" directory
> received the response
>
> "bash: cd: run-gnome-font-install: Not a directory." and
> "mkdir: 'run-gnome-font-install' exists but is not a directory."

Sounds like it's a file!
cd /usr/share/doc/libgnomeprint-data/
And there will hopefully be a file called run-gnome-font-install

But it doesn't exist on this computer. Anywhere.

So what distribution are you running Adam (stable, testing, unstable?)

My guess is that if you are currently running testing or above an update
will solve your problems. have you done a recent (as root):

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade -u

It may also be helpful to submit a bug report.

>From the changelog:

gnome-print (0.31-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/libgnomeprint-data.postinst install fontmap in
/usr/share/gnome/fonts  * Change alias file for ghostscript fontmap in
run-gnome-font-install (Closes: #116969)
  * Install a gnome-print.fontmap (Closes: #116208, #116244)
  * Remove run-gnome-font-install
   ^^^^^^^^

It looks like my advice was out of date.

Regards,
Adam