Upgrading to Woody and Config'ing

Hello,

** I am not subscribed to the list, so please CC replies to
ian@ichilton.co.uk **

I have just been given remote access to a box I am going to use as a
server. It has Debian 2.2 (stable) installed. (It's a Sun Ultra 1
(sparc64)).

What I want to do is the following:

- Remove unwanted packages
- Upgrade to Debian woody (testing)
- Upgrade the kernel
- Change the network settings

Plese could you tell me how I can do the following:

1) Get a list of all the packages on the system, so I can deselect the
ones I dont want and it will uninstall them.

2) The best way to go from stable->testing.

3) When you install debian you get that nice graphical thing to change
the network settings / timezone - how can i get that back now to change
these without having to manually change config files on a distro I am
not used to.

Aside: Is debian/woody stable enough for a production box?  I dont want
to use debian/potato as the packages are all too old. I would use sid,
but that probably is not suitable for a production box, right?

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                  \|||/
                                  (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton                    E-Mail: ian@ichilton.co.uk         |
 |  IRC Nick: GadgetMan            Backup: ian@linuxfromscratch.org   |
 |  ICQ: 16007717 & 106532995      Web   : http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
 |          Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted           |
 |         for the change to take effect.  Reboot now? [ OK ]         |