Re: adding applications to WindowMaker menu

on Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 12:11:43AM -0700, Paul Scott (waterhorse@ultrasw.com) wrote:
> I just installed OpenOffice 641.  Where I learn how to get this into the
> WindowMaker menu?

I prefer bypassing the Debian menus for top-level WindowMaker root
menus.  You can add a hook to the system Debian menus using the
OPEN_MENU directive.

A stub WMRootMenu might look as follows:

    (
      Applications,
      (Run..., SHORTCUT, "Mod1+F2", EXEC, "%a(Run, Command to run:)"),
      (Terminal, SHORTCUT, "Shift+Mod1+t", EXEC, rxvt),
      (Mutt, SHORTCUT, "Shift+Mod1+m", EXEC, "rxvt -e mutt"),
      ("Debian menus", OPEN_MENU, "/etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook")
    )

From this point, you can add additional menu elements through the (IMO)
very slick WPrefs menu configuration tool.

Peace.