Re: adding applications to WindowMaker menu

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 05:40:18PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> A stub WMRootMenu might look as follows:

Alternately, you can edit ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMRootMenu to contain

"/etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook"

instead of just

menu.hook

and then use wmakerconf (or, I assume, WPrefs) to suck the Debian
menu structure into a wmaker menu.  You should still keep an entry
for the standard Debian menus around, though, so that you have a way
of getting at newly-installed software.

> From this point, you can add additional menu elements through the (IMO)
> very slick WPrefs menu configuration tool.

When I first started using Debian, WPrefs was a lot better than
wmakerconf, but I think that wmakerconf has gotten to be the more
functional tool since then.  I would suggest that any new wmaker
users check them both out.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss