Re: Homework

tom schuetz(schuetz@mind.net) is reported to have said:
> >* Nicolás Conde (nconde@fing.edu.uy) spake thusly:
> >>    Hello.
> >>    I don't mean to be rude with this, but i've noticed that few people
> >> do their homework before posting. I've seen some questions over and over
> >> again for which answers exist in the {manual pages | list archives}.
> >>    Looking for existing answers (IOW doing your own research) before
> >> posting helps everyone: you learn about your OS and your computer,
> >> becoming a better {admin | user}; and also reduces the amount of
> >> messages received by subscribers everyday.
> >>    So, without wanting to ofend anyone, before you post a question
> >>
> >> 1. RTFM (Read The Friendly Manual)
> >> 2. Search the {archives | HOW-TOs}
> >> 3. Ask your local {Linux | Unix} guru (if you have one)
> >>
> >> and if this doesn't help (which I doubt) drop some lines to this list.
> >>    Thanks all, enjoy Linux.
>
> >YOUR AN ELITIST BASTARD. IT IS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU LINUS WILL
> >NEVER HAVE MARKET SHARE.
>
> I just get tired of putting in the standard newbie disclaimer:
> I HAVE searched the archives, I HAVE done "apropos ~ ", I HAVE RTFM, I HAVE
> tried Google, and I STILL do not know the answer.

You seem to be in the minority then
> Maybe I should, just to cover my butt from annoyed, veteran users. Thing is, though,
> that this list is called "User", not "Upper-echelon-kernel-developers-do-not-disturb".

I see so many requests that read like " I don't have time to read the
FM's so could you tell me what to do ".  A well as questions that have
already been answered the day before in long threads.  I like to help
newbies that, at least, try to help themselves.

Nicolás did what I don't have the patience to do.  He did it with
class.

--
Nobody said computers were going to be polite.