kde qt

Hi,
I have been having problems getting kde* ,base,libs,network,etc.. to get
passed the configure on my box because of the Qt libraries.. The problem is I
compile and install the Qt libraries fine... I even went as far as compiling
them on another box and just transfering all files over to their correct
locations...
I compiled the version qt-x11-2.3.2.tar.gz from troll's website or whatever...
anyone have any ideas?
umm environment variables are all set properly as well as /etc/ld.so.conf and
multiple runs of ldconfig were don	e..
cc me please.. I'm not subscribed to this list.
thanks,
xbud