Re: ATI video card confusion

On Monday 10 December 2001 12:43, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> All the Radeon lines work with the "radeon" XFree86 driver, so it
> doesn't matter if you got a mixed bag.

After the latest XFree86 4.1 gloriously overwrote my months-old config
file, I found out that my Radeon VE 64MB also works when you
specify the more generic "ati" driver. I don't know if this driver
subsequently calls up the "radeon" driver. There's no "radeon" option
when you attempt to configure your xserver the debian way
(dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86).

--
Sir Isaac Newton:
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."