Re: Homework

On Monday 10 December 2001 09:01 am, Nicolás Conde wrote:
>    Hello.
>    I don't mean to be rude with this, but i've noticed that few people
> do their homework before posting. I've seen some questions over and over
> again for which answers exist in the {manual pages | list archives}.
>    Looking for existing answers (IOW doing your own research) before
> posting helps everyone: you learn about your OS and your computer,
> becoming a better {admin | user}; and also reduces the amount of
> messages received by subscribers everyday.
>    So, without wanting to ofend anyone, before you post a question
>
> 1. RTFM (Read The Friendly Manual)
> 2. Search the {archives | HOW-TOs}
> 3. Ask your local {Linux | Unix} guru (if you have one)
>
> and if this doesn't help (which I doubt) drop some lines to this list.
>    Thanks all, enjoy Linux.

perhaps you don't mean to be rude with this but then what you really mean is
that you don't care whether or not you are rude, a complaint common to rude
people everywhere. in order to lend strength to my own claim of normal
politeness and consideration of others, i'd like to say that i do mean to be
rude to you, nicolas (accented a) conde.

1. you are not the arbiter of what is or is not an appropriate request on
this list.

2. the purpose of a mailing-list is to provide a place where even stupid
questions can be asked.

3. perhaps you haven't noticed that this is the debian-user list, not the
"Linux | Unix" list that you seem to believe it is.

thinking about what you write before you actually post it helps everyone not
have to suffer your arrogance--but then i doubt that this is going to help
you become any less obnoxious than you are.