Re: Netscape 6.2

"Paolo Falcone" <fallenlordx@edsamail.com.ph> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 12:34:25AM -0500, Alec wrote:
>
> >Is Netscape 6.2 any good? Is it worth installing? Any reason to >prefer it to Netscape 4.77? How is it different from Mozilla?

<snip>

> If you're to install to a low-end machine, just go for NS 4.77.

Or one of mozilla's lighter weight offspring (i.e. galeon and skipstone)
which, I believe, have much smaller footprints. Konqueror's also pretty
small.

The source for the NS6.x releases are available at mozilla.org
(http://www.mozilla.org/releases/#0.9.4.1 in this case).
I also believe most, if not all, of the extra fixes in the NS releases
go into the next mozilla version.