Re: crc error after uncompressing the kernel

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 10:48:38AM -0500, Guy Durand wrote:
| what does it mean when you get a crc error after the lilo prompt and the
| kernel start uncompressing.  It happened with my laptop and I am able to
| boot the original kernel bot not the new kernels I had compiled after.

It means the file is corrupt.  CRC stands for Cyclic Redundant Check
(or something similar).  It is an algorithm for including error
detection bits in a data stream so that the consumer of the data can
verify that the data is the way the producer produced it.

-D

--

But As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
        Joshua 24:15