OpenGL file(s)

I recently tried installing a GUI front end for C++ using a package called Fox. While installing (the usual ./configure, make, and make install; the latter 2 generated the error "/usr/lib/1d: cannot fine lMesaGL") there were errors relating to "missing" OpenGL and or MESA files. I confess to using Linux for about only 3 weeks, but it was my understanding that at least the OpenGL file(s) were included within the OS standard, Debian 2.2.19 is my upgraded status.

Any feedback on this inquirey would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for it.