Re: Something more user friendly than XMMS?

DvB <dvanbalen@jam.rr.com> wrote on 07/12/2001 (21:31) :

> xmms seems pretty user friendly to me... if you really want something
> else, though, you might check out linuxberg's listing:

Yes for a power user, but not for newbies. One point is that XMMS uses a
completely different layout than normal programs. Gtcd is much nicer in
this respect (though this is for playing CDs). Another thing is that one
has to know what "pl" means to know that it is useful. And the buttons
in the Playlist (+File +Dir etc...) are not very easy. etc.. etc..

Fancy XMMS is and userfriendly for advanced computer users maybe, but
certainly not for newbies. Though I guess that making a new skin could
help some.

This is not critics of XMMS as XMMS has chosen to be like this and it is
fine. The point is that I'm looking for something much simpler.

> http://www.linuxberg.com/mmedia/audio_players.html

Yes, but alas not much interesting :-(

Preben
--
 ()   Join the worldwide campaign to protect fundamental human rights.
'||}