Re: Something more user friendly than XMMS?

Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> writes:

> XMMS is a great program, but it is interface is hopelessly bad when it
> comes to user friendlyness for people that are not used to computers. i
> use it. But I need a program for my father and sister who have just
> started to use computers and Linux.
>
> Are there other programs out there with higher userfriendlyness. I
> looked at freeamp, but it is unstable and crashes so sth else would be
> nice.

xmms seems pretty user friendly to me... if you really want something
else, though, you might check out linuxberg's listing:

http://www.linuxberg.com/mmedia/audio_players.html

and, if you like one, check and see if there's a debian package at
packages.debian.org before installing a tarball or rpm... :-)
You can also search debian's packages database for media players.

HTH