Re: Some advice to fix up my package database :-)

Adam Warner wrote:
> I've been using alien for the first time today. Now I can't install any
> package using apt-get (it might not be the alien packages but I thought
> I should mention it).

No, nothing to do with alien.

>  files list file for package `libncurses5-dev' is missing final newline

It's posible that your /var/lib/dpkg/info/libncurses5-dev.list file is
corrupt. Or it could just be missing a final newline at the end of the
file. Like the other replies, I suggest trying to reinstall it. If dpkg
won't let you reinstall it, you might need to edit that file first, make
sure it has a final newline (and is not corrupt; it should just list the
files and directories that are part of the package, one per line), and
then reinstall it.

--
see shy jo