Re: Some advice to fix up my package database :-)

Yes there is an option to reinstall.
I used it once to reinstall something I cant remember. Let me see...oh
It was with apt-get

do the following:

apt-get --reinstall install PACKAGE_NAME

And you should be fine. I didnt test it thought.
According to apt-get manpage --reinstall reinstalls & upgrades the
package to the newest available.

Good luck