Re: What happened to compose? - further information

dman wrote:
> BTW, what is the "compose" key (which button on my keyboard) and how
> do I use it?  I've never had the need for it, but I'd like to learn
> how that stuff works.

The compose key is probably not on your keyoard, but you can bind it to
something like the windows menu key:

keysym Menu = Multi_key

The compose key lets you "compose" together letters and punctuation,
producing accented letters and other symbols. For example,

<compose> <a> <'> yeilds á
<compose> <a> <"> yeilds ä
<compose> <u> </> yeilds µ
<compose> <o> <^> yeilds ô
<compose> <?> <?> yeilds ¿

There are tons more useful symbols you can get at with compose: ß © ½
etc.

--
see shy jô