Re: What happened to compose? - further information

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 03:31:30PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
| I have further information:  Typing in vim the compose key works, but
| not in bash.  I can thus type ëê etc in vim, but not in bash.
|
| Any ideas on how to solve it?

Are you using version 6 of vim?  If so, what does
    :set enc?
    :lang

output?  How about
    echo $LANG
in bash?

BTW, what is the "compose" key (which button on my keyboard) and how
do I use it?  I've never had the need for it, but I'd like to learn
how that stuff works.

-D

--

If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His
Word has no place in our lives.