how to install X in woody?

I have installed a basic potato box (only the base system)
then I run "apt-get update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade" to upgrade to woody
but when I use tasksel to install X-window-system or other tasks,It failed to install anything
then I search the debian-user list,many people said tasks is  removed from woody
They said just to apt-get install one of the x program like"gnome-control-center",and the system will help you install X because of dependency

But, is there any normal or formal way to install the X-window system????     :-)

Thanks