Further thoughts - exim possible culprit?

Greetings,

After sending out my last posting on email problems, I thought of checking
my exim.conf. I hadn't done this before, as I understood that the process
was fetchmail -> procmail -> mutt. Maybe it isn't so.

Anywho, assuming that exim sits between fetchmail and procmail, I have some
questions about how values in exims conf may be interrupting the flow:

1. The pre-amble to 'qualify_domain' value mentions setting the
'receiver_unqualified(hosts,nets)' for receiving unqualified remote source
mail. Could this be the setting I require in order to get my debian and
yahoo lost mail?

2. 'relay_domains' (currently commented out) - again possible setting for
getting all my mail?

Is there another MTA that i could use (other than sendmail) that will
finally allow all mail collected from my ISP to be delivered locally?

Any thoughts and advice appreciated.

C. Masters