Re: Stil having mail problems

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 09:58:31PM -0500, dman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:18:35PM -0400, cmasters wrote:
> | Could someone please explain why fetchmail/procmail combo continues to
> | reject ~any~ messages not expressly addressed to me (aka my Return addy).
> | I've attached "sanitized" copies of .fetchmailrc, .procmailrc, and
> | .muttrc
>
> | set logfile '/home/<username>/logs/mail/log'
>
> | LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/logs
>

> You've got logs.  What do they say?

Unknown ... as they ~aren't~ going to the specified location.

> | :0:
> | * ^TO_debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org
> | arch-DebUserDig
> |
> | :0:
> | * ^TO_debian-user@lists.debian.org
> | in-Deb-gen
> |
> | :0:
> | * ^TO_linux.*@yahoogroups.com
> | in-Linux-gen
> |
> | :0:
> | * ^TO_debian-kde@lists.debian.org
> | in-KDE
>
> This doesn't look right to me.  What I think you mean is :
>
> :0:
> * ^To:.*debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org
> arch-DebUserDig

Although I've seen this config, the one I'm using comes from a source
that claims to replace that method. Apperently "TO_" replaces that need
for "(To|Cc)"

> though a better matcher is the X-Mailing-List: header or the List-Id:
> header.
>

> Also I would suggest ensuring that $HOME/PostOffice is a directory,
> not a file, and that the messages aren't in $HOME/PostOffice/incoming.

Yep ... directory exists as I am able to process my mail with "getmail"
which is a fetchmail replacement. Unfortunately no definite way to use
this in conjunction with procmail.

> HTH,
> -D

Any other suggestions? I'm stuck using getmail and having to explicitly
save 300+ messages a day to various mailboxen

C. Masters