Potato system (Re: Help with X (after upgrade to Woody))

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Andrew Sione Taumoefolau wrote:
> Potato uses version 3 X servers; Woody and unstable support both the
> version 3 X servers and the shiny and new version 4 one.

Long ago, I used unstable, which was potato.
Now, I use unstable, and I thought it was potato.
I guess, now I'm using a potato system with woody's apps. Correct?

> We're trying to get the shiny and new version going :).

X 4.1.x feels a lot faster, but it doesn't come with Modelines.
"X -configure" command will get you a fresh XF86Config, but I don't think
that would be useful.

Just in case you'd need a modeline calculator:
http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/spec/linux/modeline/

Oki