potato release 3 and dial-up user dns problem

Hi,

On one of my client's machine I installed debian potato Release 3 from the
3 CD set. However with the kernel 2.2.19-prex version there seems to be
some problem.

What happens is for the first time when I connect to the net everything is
working. nslookup, dns. But as soon as the connect is terminated, the next
time when it connects dns is not working. I am using isp's dns. The machine
is very low end hence could not afford to put up a dns server on this.
Basically this machine is only for email server. Due to the above problem
now there is problem in sending and receiving email.

Anybody faced the above problem ? What can I do so that dns works
throughout without problems ? I have got proper dns entries in
/etc/resolv.conf. (It works for the first time).

Thanks in advance.

Please cc the replies to me as I am not subscribed to the list due to heavy
traffic.

Peace

--
Rajesh