Re: eth0 <-> eth1

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 11:25:43PM -0500, Sean Morgan wrote:
> Also, I can't for the life of me see why a cable company would lock on to
> a MAC address.

RCN in the northeast US does exactly this.

Personally I was happy (when I was in charge of such things) to
instruct the modem to recognise one MAC and allow that MAC (and only
that MAC) access to the unilink.  Of course, if the user wanted to
switch computers, use a new NIC, etc. all they had to do was reboot
the modem.

Oh well.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.