firewall/router crashing

Hello,

i have a problem with my router/firewall. It crashes after a few hours of usage without a reason. When it has crashed, i'm not able to login on the console nor via ssh (to check the running processes, etc.), but it is still pingable. I looked in all the logfiles, but couldn't find anything unusual. The last thing the box does, is trying to dial my provider via pppd and the capiplugin. And before the connection is completely established, the logs stop and continue at the next boot (pressing the reset-button).

The configuration:
debian testing
ppp with capiplugin (dial on demand)
hylafax with capi4hylafax