Re: ObElitist (was Re: Virus incident)

on Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:19:11PM -0800, nate (debian-user@aphroland.org) wrote:
> Gary Turner said:
> > On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:07:22 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >> <snip everything>
> >
> > Karsten, you obviously have too much time on your hands.  For which
> > I am eternally grateful.
>

> karsten isn't entirely innocent himself..

I'm not?

Oh shit.  Forgot to pay the innocence bill again this month....

> i remember pretty clearly he was quite involved in a flame war about a
> year or maybe 2(?) ago. the guy who inadvertantly started it bout lost
> his job apparently..was a pretty nasty war. i don't remember muchof
> the details...it was a while ago ..the archives should have all the
> juicy bits. i wish i could remember what it was about(i think i posted
> 1 or 2 messages in the threads..).

If that's the one I think it was, it's the researcher at a major
university who found himself frustrated at trying to get unsubscribed
from debian-user, which he announced loudly and widely.  I don't think
he'll do that again.  Note that I posted both on list and off on that
issue, including trying to see that they poor sod might keep his job (I
wasn't the only person who'd written the University President).  Unless
it was the "lazy ignorant people" thread....

Don't get me wrong.  I've got a fair bit of tolerance.  But if someone
needs to get the stuffing ripped out of 'em, I'll do it.  Prefer just to
leave the mess alone in most cases.

> which reminds me..anyone seen ethan benson ? he used to participate a
> lot on debian-user..haven't seen any posts from him since ive started
> posting again.

He's more active on the deb-devel side these days.

Peace.