Re: Woody & autofs

	Hi,

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi david
>
> your /etc/auto.master says to use /autofs as the mount point
> 	> /autofs               /etc/auto.test
>
> your /etc/auto.test says that you will be autmounting
> the remote filessytem crir-a136.univ-savoie.fr:/data
> to your local file system at /autofs/data
> 	> data  -rw,fstype=nfs  crir-a136.univ-savoie.fr:/data
>
> doing an ls -la /autofs will show nothing... since nothing
> is yet mounted....
>
> if you try to access something ( /autofs/data or autofs/*  )
> then the automounter will mount the remote fs to /autofs

ls /autofs/data work for me, but /autofs/* not. This is the problem.

> you do NOT get to manage anything in the /autofs directory...

I understand this, but if I want users to travel in the file hierarchie
under /autofs, without known the name of every mount point, I must create
an another directory (e.g. /autofs_user ), made a symbolic link for every
mount point (e.g. ln -s /autofs/data data), and tell to the users to use
/autofs_user instead of /autofs, otherwise they must know that
/autofs/data exist for seeing /autofs/data/ contents.

Bye.

David.

--

David Berard                                          |  Tel : 04.79.75.81.26
CRIR (Centre de Ressources Informatiques et Reseaux)  |  Fax : 04.79.75.87.23