Re: cvs : access denied

franck routier <f.routier@wanadoo.fr> wrote on 23/11/2001 (13:42) :
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed cvs on my sid box via pat-get install cvs.
>
> It created that directory in /var/lib/ :
>
> drwxrwsr-x    4 root     src            30 nov 22 13:29 cvs
>
> I did :
> adduser myuser src
>
> But when I try 'cvs -d/var/lib/cvs import myapp mycomp start',
> I get an access denied from cvs, unable to create myapp directory in cvs
>
> If I do it as root, it works.
>
> Then, I still can't even checkout as a myuser, since I can't get a lock.
>
> What's wrong with my setup ?

After setting the premissions of the /var/lib/cvs directory as you did
above you need to do a:

cvs init

as root.

if you did it before go into /var/lib/cvs and try to do:

chgrp src -R *
chmod g+ws -R *

and then try to see if you get access as a user. Type "id" to see that
you are in the src group.

Preben
--
 ()   Join the worldwide campaign to protect fundamental human rights.
'||}