Re: Woody & autofs

hi david

your /etc/auto.master says to use /autofs as the mount point
	> /autofs               /etc/auto.test

your /etc/auto.test says that you will be autmounting
the remote filessytem crir-a136.univ-savoie.fr:/data
to your local file system at /autofs/data
	> data  -rw,fstype=nfs  crir-a136.univ-savoie.fr:/data

doing an ls -la /autofs will show nothing... since nothing
is yet mounted....

if you try to access something ( /autofs/data or autofs/*  )
then the automounter will mount the remote fs to /autofs

you do NOT get to manage anything in the /autofs directory...
amything you put there will(should) be overwritten by the automounter
( good and bad ...depending on point of view )
	for fun...
	root# touch /autofs/file_that_will_disappear.txt
	root# mkdir /autofs/directory_that_will_disappear
	root# ln -s /tmp/junk /autofs

	root# ls -la /autofs
		- should only show the mount point permissions

	root# ls -la /autofs/*
		- should only show /autofs/data  ???

if you wanna do things like /n  on a sun environment...
than you'd need mroe symlinks ...
	mkdir /n
	ln -s /autofs/server1 /n
	ln -s /autofs/server2 /n
	diff /n/server1/etc/passwd /n/server2/etc/passwd

have fun linuxing
alvin