Re: Unwanted debug info from woody postgresql

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:36:09 -0600
Dave Sherohman <esper@sherohman.org> wrote:

> With postgresql 7.1.3-4 (the current woody version as of last Friday),
> I'm getting a large number of messages logged by postgres at 4:00
> every morning, most of them prefaced with "DEBUG:".  This strikes me as
> rather odd, given that /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf explicitly states
> "debug_level = 0".
>
> Checking the BTS, I found a number of similar reports for older versions
> (all listed as resolved), so it appears that this may be a recurring
> problem.  No mention of it for anything more recent than 7.0, though.
>
> How can I convince postgres to run silently?  (Or, perhaps more
> accurately, how can I get /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/do.maintenance to
> run silently?  cron is calling it with only -a (analyze) and not -v
> (verbose).)

When you find out let me know...  I also get some strange messages
when postgresql starts up.  I imagine the two are related.  I wasn't
able to track down how that start-up sequence is working (or not),
seems to be more than a few scripts involved.  Kept thinking a new
build would come in to fix it, but there hasn't been a new version
for awhile.  So, methinks a new bug report is in order?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>