Re: added memory, should I increase swap?

I started with Debian 2.1 on my Pentium 200 MHz with 32 MB of memory, then upgraded with apt-get to Potato. I recently replaced the single 32 MB SDRAM with two 128 MB SDRAMs. When I installed Debian I created a 32MB swap to match the size of the memory. Should I now increase the size of the swap to match the new memory?

Hello Peter,

there's been a discussion on this list (or was it the german one??) about this item a few month ago. AFAIR there seems to be no specific rule for this. Some people say swap should be the size of your RAM other say that this is rubbish, the more RAM the more unlikely you'll need a large swap. I would check the swap usage of your system and then decide wether to repartition or not.
Frank