Re: Unable to configure index_format in Mutt

* Ian Patrick Thomas (ipthomas_77@yahoo.com) [011118 14:14]:
> 	I have tried unsuccessfully to change index_format in Mutt.  The problem is that I am
> unable to put spaces between the different options.  For example
>
> folder-hook in-l-debian-user set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} %-15.15n %(41)%s"
>
> I get an error when I try and use this as a string.  If I remove the

The real problem is that the folder-hook is "eating" a set of quotes.
Try it like this:

folder-hook in-l-debian-user 'set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} %-15.15n %(41)%s"'

In general, you will have to quote the second argument of a folder-hook
statement if it has any spaces in it, the same as you quote the
index_format string with spaces in it.

good times,

Vineet

--
Satan laughs when      #  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will
we kill each other.    #   defend to the death your right to say it."