Re: Unable to configure index_format in Mutt

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 09:11:29PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * Ian Patrick Thomas (ipthomas_77@yahoo.com) [011118 14:14]:
> > 	I have tried unsuccessfully to change index_format in Mutt.  The problem is that I am
> > unable to put spaces between the different options.  For example
> >
> > folder-hook in-l-debian-user set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} %-15.15n %(41)%s"
> >
> > I get an error when I try and use this as a string.  If I remove the
>
> The real problem is that the folder-hook is "eating" a set of quotes.
> Try it like this:
>
> folder-hook in-l-debian-user 'set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} %-15.15n %(41)%s"'
>
> In general, you will have to quote the second argument of a folder-hook
> statement if it has any spaces in it, the same as you quote the
> index_format string with spaces in it.
>
> good times,
>
> Vineet

	I added the single quotes and all is well.  The Mutt info is correct in showing their
default setting without the single quotes around it as their example is not prefaced by
folder-hook.  The Debian list now shows up like it used to, before I added the list to one
described as subscribed.  Unfortunately, my Windowmaker list is not behaving the same way. All the
from lines show up as Windowmaker, instead of the actual user.  Here is the hook for that folder

folder-hook in-l-wmuser 'set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} \
%-15.15n %(4l) %s"'

	The %-15.15n option should handle this, but it doesn't.  I would've put both lists after
the same folder-hook, but I was not able to get both recognized.

folder-hook in-l-wmuser in-l-debian-user 'set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} \
%-15.15n %(4l) %s"'

	I tried with [] {} () and ''.  No luck.  Any suggestions to help me complete the perfect
.muttrc?

Ian

--
FreeSoftware Developer