Unable to configure index_format in Mutt

	I have tried unsuccessfully to change index_format in Mutt.  The problem is that I am
unable to put spaces between the different options.  For example

folder-hook in-l-debian-user set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} %-15.15n %(41)%s"

	I get an error when I try and use this as a string.  If I remove the spaces, the error
goes away but at the cost of the index being much harder to read.  I've even tried using the
default setting, but the same errors appear unless I remove the spaces.

	Below are the errors that occur if I leave in the spaces:

%Z unknown option
%s unknown option
etc.

	Any help would be appreciated.