can exim be started with tcp wrappers?

hi all,

i would like to change

	smtp  stream  tcp  nowait  mail  /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs

	smtp  stream  tcp  nowait  mail  /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs

in inetd.conf.   i'd like to do this so i can drop spammer's IP addresses in
/etc/hosts.deny so that my host won't talk to them when they send spam.

would this work?   or would it hose my mail?  i'd like to get an opinion
before trying it.

thanks,
pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002