Re: xfree DGA module and vmware

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Alejandro Diego Garin wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Someone know anything about a DGA extension needed for vmware to use
> fullscreen mode?
>
> I am using XFree4 now and this problem didn't happen with XFree3.
>
> I looked the xfree log,
>
> # cat XFree86.0.log | grep DGA
> (II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
> It seem to be loaded.... i donk now

The issue is purely with the XFree drivers.

Some of the XFree4 drivers don't have the acceleration that XFree3 did. In
fact XF4 doesn't even support my old ATI GPT (Mach64) in hi-res modes so I
drove downtown and bought a GeForce2.

Just an hour ago I found a version of the ATI driver that does support
accelerated DGA and now I get full screen acceleration on my laptop.

http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/

My NVidia cards have the same issue. I haven't tried the latest NV drivers
to know if they have proper DGA support yet or not.

...RickM...