Re: XFree86 problem on Woody

Hi

could you explain how I get the old packages ie: what i use in apt-get ?

That's a question I've been asking myself for quite a while. It looks like the 3.3.6 packages have dependencies with the 4.x packages on my sid-system. So my workaround is to get all the needed 3.3.6 packages installed, removed the symlink /etc/X11/X, created a new one to the svga server and copied the old XF86Config from my backup back to /etc/X11 and my good old XF86-3.3.6 is running again. All I have to do now is to look which XF4.1-packages I'll have to put on hold so they wount get updated again.

Frank