Re: Frustration (cablemodem woes)

Michael Patterson, 2001-Nov-11 16:33 -0700:
> > the connection
>
> Unfortunately, I'm having significant performance issues, and I don't have
> the knowledge to know how to start debugging this. Web searches haven't
> turned up anything, and I've made a couple pleas on the topic here with no
> luck.

Mike,

Better characterize your performance issue please.

Does it take a long time to initially make the connection to a
web site and then after it finally connects the web page popps up
quickly?

Do downloads go really slow?  Do uploads go really slow?

Does network traffic simply stop altogether for a period of time?

Add anything else you can think of.

Also, check your /var/log/syslog file for messages regarding
dhcp, your ethernet interface and aything else suspicious.

cya,
jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer