Re: Stable ICQ client in debian

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:33:12 -0800 (PST)
"Paul 'Baloo' Johnson" <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Chun Kit Edwin Lau wrote:
>
> > 	I am using GnomeICU and find out that it is very unstable. It
> > drop message a lot of the time.  Can someone recommand some stable ICQ
> > client to me running under Gnome. thanx.
>
> apt-get install licq

I have licq and suffer the same. The problem is at the other end. It
also seems that windows client 2001b blocks all others with older
protocols. DNAT'ting direct connections with more than one ICQ client
on the local net leads to a very complex situation without
solution. Also, AOL acknowledges but does not forward most of the
messages sent through their server. Obviously, AOL tries to implement
the same policy as with AIM, monopolizing Windows. ICQ is dead. Long
live jabber.

--
Christoph Simon
ciccio@kiosknet.com.br