package knetfilter saying netfilter not supported in kernel

Hi everybuddy,

I have installed knetfilter on my box. But when I start it , it gives
a messege:

You have not supported netfilter in you kernel.
Please recompile the kernel and netfilter tools.

But I have compiled the new "network packet filtering" and then I
selected all the options from IP:Netfilter Configuration except
"Connection tracking (reqd for masq/NAT)"

Where is the problem ? Is there anything which forgot to do ?

regards

--
Pankaj Jangid
National Centre for Software Technology