NIC Troubles (etherexpress pro/100, neteverywhere)

Hi, I'm trying to configure my 2 NIC PCI cards in my PC under Debian. I have
an EtherExpress Pro/100, and a Network Everywhere NC100. I've tried what
seems to be their corresponding drivers (eepro100 and tulip) as modules, but
both installations failed (device or resource busy). I tried compiling a
kernel with the eepro100 driver and DECnet and Tulip support, but I still
can't find any ethernet interfaces in ifconfig.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Deven Gallo