kernel-package

Hi,
I have been trying to compile kernel 2.4.12 with the kernel-package and have
had some problems. The kernel does get compiled and the package is created
and I can install and boot the kernel. But when it is booting it gives me
errors saying that it can't find the modules. I did notice one error when
running the command make-kpkg kernel_image it is looking for /usr/src/modules
but I do not have that directory and I am not sure what I need to install to
have this ddirectory. Any ideas?