new maintainer was (Re: building my own .debs)

Hello Michael,

I am new to Debian, but my understanding of the role
of maintainer is that you do not necessarily need to
be able to patch the product the package you are
maintaining contains, but know the package, and
how it fits in to Debian.  The more you know about the
product, the program's status and issues, and the
better off your relationship is with the developers of
that product, the better off the package is likely to
be.

Best regards,
Lloyd

Best regards,