Re: Newbie comments & queries

Brenda, hi,

> > > The lpr switch -i appears to do nothing for the margin. Thus,
>
> The bad news is, according to the lpr man page, "this option
> is not supported on all printers".

Not on my man page it doesn't

Despite the fact that at install time I gave the command line parameters
for lp (lp port=0x378, irq=7) and this was accepted as 'installation
successful', I see at boot time references to 'polling'

I had tried to add this line

lp=0x278,5378,7	(note second port, have now  stuck in LPT2 card)

but when I run lilo after editing this in it comes up with 'syntax error'
for this line (this as suggested in BootPrompt-HOWTO)

Am I worrying about something that I need not?  In fact LPT2 was
primarily  intended for a dos programme (printer normally loaded with
invoice paper) but thought OK add it in to Linux.  Don't know what
polling is.

Regards
Ian
    Ian Balchin