Re: mozilla 0.9.5 on sid

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 09:45:08PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 08:09:24PM -0500, Jason Wojciechowski wrote:
> >
> > This is the error that finally drove me back to Galeon... I found that I
> > loved it.  If you can't fix it or something, give it a shot, though
> > it'll require installing a bunch of gnome libraries just for that app, I
> > think it's worth it if you have the space.
>
>     I get no such errors from 0.9.5 and Sid, but I'm not using the .deb. I
> grabbed the binary tarball and installed it in my home directory. I have found
> that the mozilla and netscape packages in Debian never got along, so I don't
> use the mozilla .debs. Maybe when they're packaged better.
>
>     Mike
>
> --
> Michael P. Soulier <michael.soulier@home.com>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
> "...the word HACK is used as a verb to indicate a massive amount
> of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix
	I'm using the .deb from testing with absolutely no problem.  I
believe that I ran an apt-get dist-upgrade to unstable(sid) and then did an
apt-get install mozilla.  I also installed the psm .deb.  From what I've
experienced so far, 0.9.5 is pretty fast.  Not as fast as it is on Mac OS
X, but fast.
	On an unrelated note, unstable has proven to be pretty stable.  I
also use FreeBSD quite a bit and Debian is the only GNU/Linux distro that
seems to run as smoothly.  If I could find a way to get apt/dpkg to tell me
each .deb I have installed like pkg_info on FreeBSD does, I would say both
OS's would be about equal in greatness.

Ian

--
FreeSoftware Developer