Re: Recording CD's (data)

Thus spake Stan Brown (stanb@awod.com):

> I went there and read through it, and after recompiling my kernek
> about a dozen times, I have to admit I'm stuck. Acording to the HOWTO,
> I should be able to run "cdercord -scanbus" and see my CD recorder. I'
> can't for the life of me make that work.

Try setting the setuid bit on the cdrecord binary if it doesn't have it
already:

	chmod 4755 /path/to/cdrecord

Please understand the risks involved with setuid programs.

I also had to add my user account to the 'cdrom' group, and I'm not sure
why, but I had to 'chown .cdrom /dev/sg0' in order to detect the device.

I think that's all there was...

--
Justin R. Miller <incanus@codesorcery.net>
PGP/GnuPG Key ID 0xC9C40C31 (preferred)